LinRT Multi-FB Cobalt BSP demo image Phytec Mira i.MX6Q
LinRT Multi-FB Cobalt Release 2.1 for i.MX6 provides a Yocto BSP solution based on FSL Community BSP, and optimized for Hard Real-Time applications for Rugged Embedded Systems.
The LinRT Multi-FB Cobalt BSP provides a Linux real-time solution on i.MX6Solo / DualLite and i.MX6Quad running with Xenomai Cobalt Core runtime.
The LinRT Cobalt BSP can be used for High-Performance Real-Time equipment as CANopen, PowerLink, EtherCAT, ModBus-RTU, or BACnet industrial nodes by example…
The new LinRT Multi-FB Cobalt BSP Release 2.1 gives the last CVE vulnerabilities patches for Linux kernel 4.14 and Yocto Thud 2.6.4 for secure systems.
Qt5 Multimedia Demo image for Phytec SBC Mira i.MX6Quad
The Qt5 Multimedia demo image for Phytec Mira SBC i.MX6 Quad is a free download demonstration SD-CARD image, based on linrt-full-multimedia-qt5-image with demo software packages build with LinRT Multi-FB Cobalt Yocto BSP for phyCORE® i.MX6Q/DL.
Demo image installation
Prepare your Linux Host PC station, by installing bmap-tools packages (example for Ubuntu Host) :
$ sudo apt-get update -y $ sudo apt-get install -y bmap-tools
Insert an SD-CARD into the reader, check with dmesg command mounted device path and on Linux console type following command (example for /dev/mmcblk0)
$ sudo bmaptool copy linrt-full-multimedia-qt5-image-demo-phyboard-mira-imx6-3-demo.wic.gz /dev/mmcblk0
For the first boot, connect the HDMI display as primary, and USB mouse for GUI demo.
Connect Mira SBC and your Host PC with an RS232 serial cable and configure your serial terminal client for 115200 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, and 1 stop bit (8n1)
- Last Yocto Thud 2.6.4 + layers FSL Community BSP
- LinRT Multi-FB Cobalt distros based on fsl/poky distro
- Linux-fslc-imx 126.96.36.199.x (CVE vulnerabilities patches up to 4.14.214) + I-PIPE
- Barebox bootloader 2019.11
- Xenomai 3.1 Cobalt Core
- Driver imx-gpu-vivante 6.2.4
- Multi FrameBuffer Full HD
- imx hardware codec support (NXP GPU/VPU)
Cobalt MultiFB 2.1 2021-02-16 ==============================
============================== ============== Changes since Cobalt MultiFB 2.0: ------------------------------ --- - linux-fslc-imx_4.14-2.3.x-ipipe: applying linux-cve vulnerability patches available from linux mainline kernel up to 4.14.214 release - qt5.12.9 -> qt5.12.10 (vendor commit: b0d2d2913ed4c4b6b5b9a19edcb7c8 5cc0dd7904) - Fixes: * general: - libopenVG packages runtime install - psplash rotate display - QtDemo startup artifacts with psplash - Systemd CAN bus service deployment failed * kernel: - Increase SOC operating points for low frequencies - Add LDOs in bypass for CPU core regulators Machines: --------- - Added: * phyboard-nunki-imx6-1
Demo image limitations
This SD-CARD demo image is configurated as :
- Tested for Mira i.MX6 Quad SBC (phyboard-mira-imx6-3 BSP Machine)
- No CAN Bus support
- No Wifi support
- No NOR and NAND Flash support
- Framebuffer /dev/fb0 : HDMI Full HD (primary display)
- Framebuffer /dev/fb2 : 10” LVDS 800×640 display with Resistive Touch (G104SN02)
- Framebuffer /dev/fb4 : 7” LCD 800×480 display with Capacitive Touch (AC104)
- Automatic Power down after 15 minutes (needing switch off / switch on power supply to reboot)
For having full features LinRT Multi-FB Cobalt Qt5 image for Mira i.MX6 Quad, report to pre-build image and SDK product descriptions [coming soon …]
More LinRT BSP Multi-FB Cobalt v2.1 demo Images for i.MX6 here…